Worldgate is preparing to launch a restructuring of its services and a website re-design to complement them. One of the premiere new offerings is a suite of Project Management Office solutions. This post will give a very brief overview of what these services will entail.
PMOs can vary in terms of structure, size, and responsibilities, but CIOs can expect PMOs to function in the following 6 areas.
• Project Support: Provide project management direction to project managers in business units.
• Project Management Process and Methodology: Create and implement a consistent and standardized process.
• Training: Conduct training programs and collect requirements for the outside company.
• Centralized Office: Maintain a centralized office from which project managers are loaned to work on projects.
• Internal Consulting: Advise employees about processes and best practices.
• Project Management Software Tools: Select and maintain software project management tools for employee use.
We are excited about the way this restructuring will enhance the services we can offer our clients and our potential to add to them as we grow with our clients. More information to come!